Monday, April 27, 2009

Reflections

Well, what began as a nine week tutorial turned into a nine month exploration. Granted, I went for long periods where I was much too busy to do any blogging. But occasional topics deserved to be investigated in more depth. I was introduced to many Web tools I had never before encountered and I continue to use them. For example, I had never heard of RSS feeds and now I check the BBC latest headlines RSS feed often. I only touched on certain aspects of other 2.0 tools- Flickr for example. I recently went to New Zealand and would like to put my pictures on Flickr for family to view. These are things I now will be able to do over the summer when I have some free time. I also would like to bookmark more sites into Del.icio.us. The internet is a fascinating place with amazing sites and tools available for everyone to find and use. I continue to discover new sites through classes, collegues and students. As educators and librarians we owe it to our patrons to do our best to keep up with the times- and to share our learning and discovery with all who are on the same quest. I'd like to say thanks for setting up this program- I was able to learn at my own pace and to discover and explore many useful Web 2.0 tools that I might otherwise not have found on my own.

No comments: