Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 8 - Things 18 & 19

Well- March has come and gone. It's been so long since I've posted that I forgot my password. We completed our SBA testing this week and I finally have a few moments to blog about my exploration into online productivity tools and Library Thing. The former are offered by sites such as Google Docs and Zoho Writer. They allow users to collaborate online simultaneously using applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. These documents can be saved online and thus accessed anywhere. I signed up for a Google Docs account because I already have a gmail account and it's easy to access these tools using gmail. In fact I already have the ASD Computer Refresh draft in my account. These tools are not only convenient but becoming essential in a 2.0 world. Our Library Thing assignment was quite fun. I enjoy organizing and cataloging things, so adding my gardening books to my virtual bookshelf was right up my alley. I actually have an extensive gardening collection, so this is just a beginning. I have more books to add someday when my time is not stretched quite so thin.

No comments: